Terms and Conditions
The City of Charlotte, through its operation of the Charlotte Douglas International Airport (“CLT”) may choose from to time to time to offer giveaways of various items or services, which it may choose in its sole discretion, through interactions on and with CLT’s various social media platforms, website and/or mobile application. The following sets out the terms and conditions that apply to any giveaway in which an individual (‘You or Your”) may participate.
- Participation. If You participate in CLT’s promotions and giveaways (the “Giveaway”) you fully accept these general terms and conditions and you acknowledge that you fulfil all eligibility requirements.
- No Purchase Necessary. Making a purchase will not increase Your chances of winning a prize. CLT reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these rules. Void where prohibited.
- Eligibility. This sweepstakes is open to all natural persons who are legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Void outside of the USA, in Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Island and other United States territories and possessions. CLT may ask you, at any stage, to provide us with proof of age, residency and/or identity, if relevant. CLT may exclude any participants who are not able to provide with such proof. Employees of CLT are not eligible to participate. Limit one giveaway/prize per household every 12 months. If you have won a prize within the past 365 days, you are not eligible to win again.
- How to Enter. Each individual Giveaway will include instructions on how to enter, including if multiple entries are allowed and the applicable start and ending dates. Participants that do not follow the instructions will not be eligible to win. Entry may require that you share, like, comment or otherwise interact with the Giveaway post and may require information such as your name, email or social media handle be provided. CLT may change the dates and/or terms of a contest or Giveaway without prior notice.
- The Winner. Winner for each giveaway will be chosen at random through an online random generator. We will send a notification to the winner via tagging the winner in a social media post and requesting You to contact CLT through private message. Winner must respond within 2 business days or a new winner will be selected. Any cost not expressly covered in the Giveaway post or in these terms and conditions are the responsibility of the Winner, including any applicable Federal, State or local taxes.
- The Prize. Odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received and may vary based thereupon. Prizes may not be substituted or transferred by any contest/sweepstakes winner and a winner may not receive cash redemption equal to the value of the prize in lieu of the prize. CLT reserves the right to substitute alternate prizes of equal or comparable value.
- Shipment. All prizes will be sent via standard U.S. mail. We are sorry, but we are unable to ship prizes outside of the United States or its territories.
- Personal Data and Public Records Law. By entering a contest, You give CLT permission to use your name, social media handle and any other information You provide as part of the Giveaway in promotional activities. Further, You acknowledge that CLT is subject to North Carolina public records law and agree that Your information provided as part of the Giveaway may be provided in response to any applicable public records request.
- No Warranty. Prizes are offered "as is" with NO WRITTEN, EXPRSS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Limitation of Liability. By entering the Giveaway each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless CLT, its legal representatives, respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any damages whatsoever suffered or sustained in connection with the Giveaway or the acceptance of the prize.
- General Terms and Conditions. CLT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude a contest should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the contest. In the event a contest is canceled prematurely for any reason, CLT will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternate winner, but in the event an alternate winner cannot be determined, the prize(s) will not be awarded. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- Governing Law & Competent Court. The Giveaways are governed by the law of the State of North Carolina. Any dispute that may arise will be subject to the competent court in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.