Spring Break for local school districts will bring increased travel demand this weekend for passengers starting their trip at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
Passengers are strongly encouraged to book parking online and be inside the terminal at least two hours before a domestic flight and three hours before an international flight. Longer wait times could be possible during periods of heavy passenger volume.
CLT is expecting approximately 170,000 passengers to begin their trip Thursday through Monday in addition to the 53,000 daily passengers connecting to, from and through the Airport. The busiest local travel days will be Thursday, Friday and Monday. The Airport will have additional staff in the lobby to guide and assist passengers.
For a smooth traveling experience, Don’t Fly by the Seat of Your Pants:
Book your parking when you book your flight.
- Visit parkCLT.com or the Airport app.
- Passengers can book online the new Express Deck Self-Park Deck.
- All other parking facilities include spaces for drive-up customers (first come, first served) and those who book their parking online ahead of time. CLT provides more than 21,000 public parking spaces.
Are You Here Yet?
- Be inside the Airport at least two hours before a domestic flight and three hours before an international flight.
- Check security wait times on CLT’s website or app and remember any checkpoint can get you to any gate.
- Standard lanes are located at Checkpoints A, D and E. TSA PreCheck® is located at Checkpoint C.
- Sign up for TSA PreCheck®.
- The Terminal Lobby Expansion is nearly halfway complete and remains on target for a summer 2025 finish.
- Checkpoint B closed March 17 for expansion to include six Automated Screening Lanes and two standard lanes. It is scheduled to reopen by the end of the year. TSA repositioned its employees to other checkpoints and will open additional lanes based on daily passenger projections.
- The Airport Information Desk relocated across from Door 1 near the closed Checkpoint B.
- An exit lane for Checkpoint A opened March 16.
- New west side ticket counters for Delta, Air Canada, JetBlue, Contour, Frontier, Southwest and United airlines relocated to new counters on the terminal lobby’s west side.
Check out What’s New at CLT